Tuesday 28 April 2015

Experimenting with Scales

I do want to make Claudia's skin quite exaggerated and therefore not only am I going to use fishnet tights to achieve a 2D scaled effect, I want to layer over that with tissue paper and liquid latex. This should make the skin look like its so dry its falling off.

Needed;
Fishnet tights
Brown aqua paint
Black aqua paint
Red/Pink eyeshadow


Method;
  1. Stretch the tights over the area you would like the desired effect.
  2. Go over the tights with your aqua paint, to create depth add the black around the edges and to make the skin look painful add the pinks and reds.
  3. Carefully remove the fishnets trying not to smudge the effect you've created.
  4. you should be left with a scale effect.


I smudged these and so I learnt to wait for the paint to dry before removing the tights.

Needed;
liquid latex
Tissue paper 1 ply
Brown paint
Black paint
wound filler
Fake puss

Method;
  1. Apply the Liquid Latex to the area you want to attach the tissue paper.
  2. apply the single ply of tissue onto the latex in cut up pieces. The jaggedly the better.
  3. rip the tissue a little.
  4. paint over with the paints.
  5. Apply wound filler or fake blood.
  6. apply fake puss.

As I had no wound filler here I used fake blood, I will invest in wound filler as it will look a lot better.





No comments:

Post a Comment